Old Richland Presbyterian Church — Gadsden, South Carolina
SC Picture Project | Richland County | Old Richland Presbyterian Church
The Old Richland Presbyterian Church is located in the small town of Gadsden, about 20 miles southeast of Columbia. The church was founded in 1883, when a group of Presbyterians and Lutherans joined together to construct a meeting house on land purchased from the Trustees of the Methodist Episcopal Church.
The church was dedicated in the spring of 1884 by Reverend John L. Girardeau and remained in use until 1922, when a new brick church was constructed in the neighboring town of Eastover. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 27, 1986.