Ninety Six Train Depot — Ninety Six, South Carolina
SC Picture Project | Greenwood County | Ninety Six Train Depot
Constructed by Southern Railway (now Norfolk Southern) in 1852, the Ninety Six Train Depot is one of the oldest buildings in Ninety Six. The depot was used by Norfolk Southern until the company took up its rail in 1970. It has been carefully restored and now serves as a meeting place for the community.
After the rail was removed, the town used the remaining railroad bed to create the Historic Downtown Walking Trail. Lined with beautiful crepe myrtles trees, the 1.4 mile trail begins at the Ninety Six Train Depot and features many of the town’s most notable landmarks, including the Kinard House, the gazebo, and the Star Fort Fountain.
Ninety Six Train Depot Info
Address: 99 SC Highway 34, Ninety Six, SC 29666
GPS Coordinates: 34.175056,-82.023133