Old Stables — Manning, South Carolina
SC Picture Project | Clarendon County | Old Stables
The original wooden structure on this site in downtown Manning was constructed in 1908 and served as a stable for mules. Around 1912, two brick buildings were constructed on the site and were virtually destroyed by a 1915 tornado.
Joseph describes his photo: “A local law firm has restored the old horse stables in downtown Manning. Located near the town square, the restored stables invite visitors to sit and reminisce about a Manning that was once a strong agricultural community. This is a great place to bring a picnic lunch from one of the several town restaurants located downtown.”
Old Stables Info
Address: 29 South Mill Street, Manning, SC 29102
GPS Coordinates: 33.694335,-80.212444
Old Stables Map